The Best Bark Collars for Dogs
There are many reasons why dogs bark. People usually know when their dog is barking for a reason, like when they’re warning someone to stay away or when they want something. Dogs bark differently depending on what they’re trying to say so that people can understand them better.
Dogs sometimes bark when they are alarmed or bored. If your dog is continually barking and becoming a nuisance, you may need to use a bark collar. It is a tool that helps the dog understand when it is okay to bark and when it is not.
The 5 Best Dog Bark Collars
1. TBI Bark Pro V3
The TBI Bark Pro V3 comes with two types of collars: leather and nylon. It is designed for all kinds of dogs, regardless of their size. The Bark Pro V3 also has two modes: vibration and shock. It makes finding the right level of correction for your dog easier. Plus, the digital display makes it easier to see what mode you are on.
Many people appreciate the ability to disable the shock feature. They discovered that the shock setting was only required infrequently to obtain the intended results. Many dogs were corrected with just the beep and vibration mode after one or two shocks. Other consumers claim that the powerful vibration mode and loud buzzer functioned independently, and they never felt the need to activate the shock option.
This bark collar has a rating of 4.3 from more than 1,400 users on Amazon. It shows that many dog owners are happy with this product and find it effective in reducing their dogs’ barking.
TBI Pro Rechargeable Bark Collar Key Features:
- A barking detection system prevents false triggers when another dog barks
- Five levels of sensitivity
- Three training modes (beep, vibration, gentle, safe shock (No shock option is also available)
- A rechargeable battery lasts up to 14 days per charge
- The collar is deactivated if it is triggered seven times in one minute
- Uses IPX7 waterproof material
2. DogRook Bark Collar
The DogRook Bark Collar has seven vibration and sound levels to help you train your dog to bark less. Your dog’s bark can be accommodated by adjusting the collar. The first two levels are warnings. If the dog keeps barking, the following levels will have a beep and vibration.
This collar comes with a training E-book to help you train your dog. More than 1,500 people on Amazon have reviewed the collar, giving it an average rating of 4.1. It is the third most popular bark collar in the company’s history. If you don’t want your dog to be shocked, this may be a good product for you to try.
Dog Rook Bark Collar Key Features:
- Seven adjustable sensitivity levels – will not react to other barking dogs
- No shock – vibration and sound
- The nylon strap has reflective stripes and is adjustable for dogs 11 to 110 pounds
- It comes with two batteries and two colored covers
- One year warranty
3. Everyday Urban Bark Collar
With a beep, the Everyday Urban Bark Collar corrects barking by drawing the dog’s attention. If the barking continues, the collar will provide seven vibrations, often distracting dogs from being quiet. There are two color options: blue and orange or yellow and pink, and it is made for dogs of all sizes.
This bark collar is less expensive, but it still has features that decrease the odds of your dog being corrected for another dog’s bark. Almost 500 users have given it an Amazon rating of 3.5, so it is worth the money.
Everyday Urban Dog Bark Collar Key Features:
- Uses vibration and sound
- An intelligent warning system is utilized to identify barks.
- Adjustable from 9 to 22 inches around the neck
- There are two reflective hues supplied (orange and blue paws).
- Included is an e-book.
- Complete assurance
4. eXuby Shock Collar for Small Dogs with Remote
The eXuby Shock Collar for Small Dogs includes a remote control that allows you to shock your dog from up to 1000 feet away. You decide when your dog needs correction. The collar has 100 different intensity levels, so choose the right one for your dog. A clicker is also provided to alert your dog before administering the shock, which is helpful when your dog isn’t wearing the collar. Small Dog Shock Collar by eXuby comes with two collars and two probes of varying sizes to accommodate dogs.
This collar can help you stop your small dog from barking. You have the option not to use any shocks, and there are 100 different levels of shocks so that you can find the perfect one for your dog. More than 700 dog owners have given this bark collar a rating of 3.5 on Amazon, so you can trust that it will work well for your pup.
Key Features of the eXuby Shock Collar for Small Dogs with Remote:
- A training clicker is included.
- There are 100 intensity options for sound, vibration, and shock modes.
- The receiver and remote are rechargeable.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
5. PetSafe Basic Bark Collar
The PetSafe Basic uses six levels of static shock correction, which increase automatically until your dog stops barking. This collar, unlike many others, is adjustable to fit a neck size of up to 28 inches. Users who have tried the shock levels indicate that it is uncomfortable but not painful and that many dogs are cured of their barking habit in a few days.
This collar is the largest one we looked at and is likely to fit any large dog. The Amazon rating of 3.3 from more than 2,600 users shows that many dog owners are happy with this product’s work.
PetSafe Basic Bark Collar Key Features:
- Six levels of progressive static correction
- Vibration detection of dog’s bark prevents the false trigger
- Advanced correction starts with the lowest level of static, auto shuts off after 50 seconds
- It fits dogs weighing more than 8 pounds and with neck sizes up to 28 inches.
Who Should Buy a Bark Collar
You love your dog, but sometimes he barks or gets too excited when people come to the door. Your neighbors have mentioned that your dog barks a lot when you’re not home, and your landlord or the HOA has hinted that they would prefer quieter tenants.
Your dog barks during the night, and it’s keeping you awake. Maybe your dog is scared of normal noises during the night, like the paper boy coming or people walking outside. You don’t want to move because you like your neighbors (most of them). One solution is to train your dog to stop barking at night.
Bark collars can be useful tools to help train your dog to stop barking. If you determine why your dog barks, you can work to reduce the number of times he barks. Barking is required for dogs. But excessive barking can be irritating and make it difficult for people to conduct conversations, disturb neighbors, or even get in trouble with their landlords.
It is an excellent idea to use a bark collar when needed. You should only use it when your dog barks because you do not want it punished. The collar’s goal should be to help your dog bark less often, not to stop it from barking altogether.
Important Features to Consider
A bark control collar may be the answer if you’re looking for a way to train your dog not to bark. But it’s essential to choose a suitable collar for your dog, as they come in different sizes and may cause varying reactions. Keep these things in mind when selecting a collar:
- Multiple operation modes
Collars with multiple modes can be set, so the dog is only corrected with vibrations or tones, not shocks. It is often enough to motivate most dogs.
- Vibration detection
Look for a collar that uses vibration instead of a microphone to pick up barking. It will help to avoid punishing your dog when another dog barks.
- Safety shut-off
Many collars have safety shut-offs that stop the stimulus after a certain number of barks in a short period.
- Proper sizing
Ensure the collar is secure and the prongs are positioned appropriately on the dog’s neck. Improperly fitted collars can cause injury to the dog.
Bark collars use batteries to work. Some can be recharged, but others must be replaced when they wear out.
You should consider your dog’s activities when picking out a collar. A waterproof collar is required if your dog spends a lot of time in the water.
Other Bark Collars We Reviewed
PetSafe Gentle Spray Bark Collar
To deter barking, the PetSafe Gentle Spray Collar emits citronella spray. If you don’t like the fragrance of citronella, unscented spray refills are available.
- Dogs above 6 pounds and necks up to 24 inches can wear it.
- 300–400 sprays per can
- Alkaline 6-volt batteries were among the uses.
Downtown Pet Supply Citronella Spray for No Bark Collar
The bark collar from Downtown Pet Supply will release a short burst of citronella spray under your dog’s chin when it senses a bark. Dogs usually don’t like this scent, so it is an effective way to deter them from barking.
- The built-in microphone detects only your dog’s bark
- It fits dogs 8 pounds and up
- 60-day warranty
Nice xx Bark Collar
The Nicexx Bark Collar was designed with the help of dog trainers. The bark collar will automatically distinguish your dog’s bark from other noises and provide a correction meant to stop barking within one minute.
- Seven vibration and sound levels
- It fits dogs 6 to 120 pounds
- IPx7 waterproof & Reflective
- 100 percent satisfaction money back guarantee
Barkly Small Dog Bark Collar
The Barkly Small Dog Bark Collar uses noise and vibration to stop your dog from barking.
- Five levels of sensitivity
The microprocessor identifies your dog’s bark from other noises in the area.
It is designed for canines weighing more than 6 pounds and fits neck sizes ranging from 5 to 19 inches.
Made of waterproof plastic with a nylon strap that can be adjusted
When engaged frequently, auto-shutdown occurs.
Elegance Small Dog Bark Collar
The Elegance Small Dog bark collar gives a warning tone before increasing vibration levels until the dog stops barking. The collar includes five colored face plates.
- Seven levels of vibration correction
- The new chip uses throat vibrations to prevent false triggers
- Fits neck size 6 to 24 inches
- Rechargeable & Rainproof
- 100 percent guarantee
Lovatic Dog Bark Collar
The Lovatic Bark Collar corrects your dog’s barking using sound and vibration. The first two barks cause a warning sound, and the third one causes both sound and vibration. The collar also comes with two color plates.
- Uses progressive high-frequency ultrasonic sound and vibration
- 7 level sensitivity levels and sleep mode
- It fits dogs 15 to 110 pounds
- Waterproof LED clip-on light increases the visibility and safety of your dog
Digg No Bark Collar
The DigyDog Bark Collar corrects your dog’s barking using sound and vibration. A warning sound follows the first two barks. If your dog barks three more times, it will get a sound and vibration. After seven barks, the collar goes into sleep mode for one minute. The collar also comes with two colored plastic panels.
- Eight training modes
- There are seven sensitivity levels.
- Neck size 10 to 22 inches for dogs weighing 5 to 150 pounds.
- Powered by a 6-volt battery
- It comes with an LED light tag
MARDOG No Bark Collar
The MARDOG No Bark Collar provides a beeping noise and vibration when your dog barks. It is ideal for small to medium-sized dogs.
- Triggered only by your dog
- It fits dogs 11 to 150 pounds
- 60-day money-back guarantee
MASBRILL Small Dog Bark Collar
The MASBRILL Small Dog Bark Collar progressively corrects sound and vibration. You can adjust the sensitivity level to meet the needs of your dog.
- Seven levels of sensitivity
- It fits dogs weighing 5 to 55 pounds with neck sizes ranging from 5.9 to 15.75 inches.
- Seven vibration and sound levels
- Auto safety shuts off after seven triggers in one minute
- Safety light
Glue Dog Bark Collar
The Glue Bark Collar uses two types of training: beep+vibration or beep+vibration+shock. In non-shock mode, the collar will vibrate as long as the dog barks. In shock mode, the collar will go through six correction levels before sleeping for two minutes.
- Intelligent test mode
- Other sounds are filtered by the smart identification chip to prevent false triggers.
- Adjustable and luminous strap accommodates dogs weighing 6 to 150 pounds with neck sizes ranging from 3.7 to 21.5 inches.
- The built-in USB rechargeable battery charges in 2 to 3 hours and lasts roughly ten days.
- IP67 waterproof design
Read more: Training a Dog With Treats, Not Tricks
Frequently Asked Questions About Bark Collar
Bark collars are not humane because they cause discomfort and pain to stop barking. Here are some better approaches to deal with barking that are not harmful to your dog and treat the underlying cause. Bark collars do not address why dogs bark in the first place.
A bark or anti-bark collar can help teach your dog not to bark. The collar will give your dog a little shock or noise when it barks, which should discourage him from doing it again.
If your dog barks a lot, make sure to give it a lot of exercises before you put it in a crate. Puzzle toys can also help to stop barking. If your dog is barking, wait until it has stopped barking entirely before opening the crate door and rewarding it with a treat or new toy.
It is a good idea to keep your dog busy. It will help tire them out so they don’t bark out of frustration. You can take them for a run or walk in the park, get them a chew toy, or come up with any other activity.
Dog’s excessive barking can be a sign that your dog is bored. Dogs need lots of things to do to keep them from getting bored, like playing fetch or going for walks. When they don’t have enough to do, they may develop destructive habits like barking too much.